Chasing Kanji - 感情を追って

An American's travel traumas
アメリカ人の旅行の外傷

OVER 9000!  

Apparently, I am one of the more "adventurous" of visitors to our office here. I put adventurous in quotes, because I don't feel that I'm doing anything truly out of the ordinary. Certainly, nowhere that I have been has come close to out-of-my-comfort-zone. At any rate, I'd wanted to go to the Temple of the 10,000 Buddhas Saturday; so I did.



The public transportation needed to get there is simple and efficient. Public transportation here, overall, is cheap and fast. I arrived at Sha Tin 45 minutes or so after I'd left my flat.



When I got to the temple path entrance, I was met with a steep path abutted with varying gold and painted Buddhas. They each were different from the other - some sitting, standing, leaning, carrying items, smiling, etc. It was creepy in the way that a room full of porcelain dolls makes your hair stand up. But there was not much time to focus on that as I was huffing and puffing at the ascent. I'd thought I could jog up the stairs, but I quickly abandoned this idea when I realized just how far it was up the hill.





This stop in Sha Tin did not disappoint. The multiple temples and shrines at the top were all immaculately kept with really cool detailing in the paintings on the walls and ceiling. This should be a stop for anyone in the area. Enjoy the photos!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment