Chasing Kanji - 感情を追って

An American's travel traumas
アメリカ人の旅行の外傷

Ain't Nothin More Texan than Chili  

You'll have to pardon my skipping a couple days of posting. I've been trying to keep you up to speed on our recent culinary delights. Our meals by the Locavore Chef didn't end with the Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas. Oh no, there was more to come. On Friday night, we had Tofu and Curry. Unfortunately, this photographer didn't get a good shot; and beyond that, I spent much of my weekend relaxing... not blogging. Then, Saturday we went out for dinner and had delicious Pho (think Vietnamese noodle soup if you're not familiar). Finally, tonight was the last of our personal-chef-prepared meals. We had Lentil and Black Bean Chili.


This was another moment where the warming of the food on the stove was olfactory bliss. This veg-ful, health-ful chili was seriously delicious. Plus, Melanie had prepared enough for three dinner servings worth. So, we thawed (previously frozen on the day Melanie made it), and warmed one dinner's worth. And we still have two more in the freezer for when the mood strikes. Yay!



Can you smell it? mmmmm. The beans and chunky veggies really made this a hearty chili. We added some shredded cheddar (as is our custom) and ate it with Saltine crackers (also our custom). I'm definitely looking forward to the next two times I'll be eating this in the future.

In other news, Christopher and I went to the mall this weekend. We both found a few things to bring home. I found a bathing suit. I've been searching for one for literally years. I have had the same one since ....let's see.... 2003. Wow, that's pretty sad. I won't mention the one that I bought in high school that I still wear for exercising in the pool. Ok, just mentioned it. So, yeah, I've been on the look out for a new bathing suit since 2004, pretty much. With the help of very friendly and knowledgeable sales women, I tried on about 4 or 5 different suits and chose one I really like! Woohoo!

What made buying the bathing suit even better was the bag! Check out this cute burlap reusable bag. It's really sturdy and could be used as a beach bag. I used it for some groceries at Whole Foods (a Kalamata olive loaf and organic baby carrots on sale 2 for $3!) earlier today.



I was off on a long-weekend, but have to go back to work tomorrow. Luckily, I had a really great weekend to help get me rested and well (almost all the way better now, still some coughing but much less sneezing).

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments

  • JMill  
    April 16, 2011 at 9:57 AM

    I'm really thinking about contacting Melanie to see if she could do some healthy meals for me. All your posts have made me hungry and that chili looks amazing.

    I also got my swimsuit at Everything But Water. The ladies there are super nice and pointed me to the perfect suit first try. Glad you found one, 2004 is forever ago. I usually try to get a new one every year! :)

  • Anonymous  
    July 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM

    Yay! New swimsuit!

Post a Comment