Chasing Kanji - 感情を追って

An American's travel traumas
アメリカ人の旅行の外傷

Food Diary - Week 2  

It's been another week of conscientious eating. I'd like to think that the choices are getting easier. Those calories get spent so quickly! Summer fruit and veggies certainly make it easier to eat healthy foods. I love the avocados that are out now, along with my usual bananas and apples (I also pick up clementines occasionally, but not usually in summer). Just so you know, I doubt I'll continue to blog the food that I eat, just because it's not all that exciting. However, know that I'm continuing to keep my food diary personally and will let you know what I eat if you ask.

Monday
Breakfast -> Oatmeal with 2% milk and a banana, tropical citrus juice
Lunch -> Cucumber,tomato,avocado salad with Ritz crackers
Dinner -> Mac and Cheese
Other -> Blueberry Greek Yogurt, Skinny Cappucino
Total Calorie count = 1334, Total Fat = 26.5g

Tuesday
Breakfast -> Oatmeal with 2% milk and a banana, tropical citrus juice
Lunch -> Cucumber,tomato,avocado salad with Ritz crackers
Dinner -> Grilled chicken with leafy salad
Other -> Plain Greek Yogurt
Total Calorie count = 1145, Total Fat = 28.3g

Wednesday
Breakfast -> 2 Cherry pop tarts, 2% milk
Lunch -> Chicken and avocado sandwich and a banana
Dinner -> Grilled chicken with herb pasta and peas, blueberry greek yogurt for dessert
Other -> Skinny cappucino
Total Calorie count = 1675, Total Fat = 46.2g

Thursday
Breakfast -> Oatmeal with 2% milk and a banana
Lunch -> Cucumber,tomato,avocado salad with Ritz crackers
Dinner -> Cheeseburger (Christopher grilled, yummy!) with portabello mushrooms, leafy green salad
Total Calorie count = 1119, Total Fat = 55.5g

Friday
Breakfast -> Oatmeal with 2% milk and a banana
Lunch -> leftover leafy green salad with cucumber,tomato, and avocado; Ritz crackers
Dinner -> Chicken n' Dumplins
Total Calorie count = 1252, Total Fat = 51.5

So there you have it. I got a little excited at the grocery store last weekend and bought a LOT of avocados, and you can see I've put them to good use. Although my calorie count was a bit too low (women should get 1200 or more I've read to provide appropriate nutrition) on Tuesday and Thursday, I wasn't any hungrier thanks to high fiber foods and Christopher's excellent grilling skills! The next blog won't be a food blog, but I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment