Chasing Kanji - 感情を追って

An American's travel traumas
アメリカ人の旅行の外傷

It's On The Label  

When you're in the mood for a sandwich but not in the mood for bread - try the KFC Double Down! With this sandwich, there's no room for bread with its untold meatiness. I hope I'm never so hungry that I actually try this. I see the ad for this chicken pile, and I imagine grease splashing all over someone's face. Ew.


This non-sandwich is over 500 calories with 32 grams of fat. In fact, this new item on the KFC menu grosses me out so much that I have decided to write down what I eat every day for your reading pleasure. By Friday or Saturday, I'll have about a week's worth of meal and drink choices to share. Why does this sandwich disgust me so? To be honest, I'm not sure... there are other choices at chain restaurants that are potentially worse. The Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries are 400 calories and 29 grams of fat per serving (there are 3 servings in a small order; so says their menu). So if you eat it all to yourself, you've just had 1200 calories and way too much fat. Chili's Quesadilla Explosion Salad has 1400 calories and 88 grams of fat. Uhm - yeah, a salad. I can probably find dozens upon dozens of examples. But for some reason, none make me want to lose my lunch quite like the Double Down. In fact, I don't even want to think about it anymore.

So with that, I felt like transparency would help me feel better about food choices that people make in general. And, you can see that my choices aren't perfect - but perhaps you'll agree with me that there are other things out there to choose than the KFC Double Down. See you at the end of the week with food diary in hand.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments

Post a Comment