Chasing Kanji - 感情を追って

An American's travel traumas
アメリカ人の旅行の外傷

Go Poke Yourself!  

Hahaha. Hahahaha. Seriously, I realize that this may be what one would consider "low" humor or idiotic. But, I can't help it. Since watching this skit (because I don't know what else to call it), I regularly sing this song to Christopher, Kim, and Nathan (a co-worker). Ok, well I have to amend that. I've never actually sung the song to Kim in person, but I sing it to her every time I poke her on FB from behind my laptop screen. Kim, if you didn't know that, now you do! It makes me smile, and the song is just so darn catchy.

So, some background (because Mom, I know you have no idea what I'm talking about yet! ;) ). College Humor is a comedy site that does skits and webisodes. Some of it is not Sunday school appropriate, so watch at your own risk. However, most of it is mild silly humor. You can compare them to SNL or Mad TV - ish. Christopher watches it more regularly than I do, but he's pretty good at making sure I don't miss any of the really funny stuff.

"Jake and Amir" is one of their regular sketches. Jake and Amir work together. Amir is a very annoying co-worker who constantly tries to act as though Jake is his best friend. Ok, so that's really all the background you need regarding College Humor.

Auto-Tune the News is another humor website. But, why am I explaining this to you? You (this time not talking to mom) already know and love T-Pain-style broadcasters and politicians. In fact, you actually get your news (sad) from BarelyPolitical.com.

So, the Poke Me song comes from the character Amir trying to get Jake to display his BFF-ness via FB poke. I know, I know - this is too much explanation for something you probably won't think is funny. But I've been laughing for months. So, just give it a shot.

Poke Me Video

Kim...Christopher... Accept the poke. That's it.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments

Post a Comment