Chasing Kanji - 感情を追って

An American's travel traumas
アメリカ人の旅行の外傷

Back from Oblivion  

Ok, so not really. But being without easy internet access does put a cramp in our ability to communicate with others. Now, the internet is up and running, so we'll keep updating here.

The trip from California to Japan was long and extremely tiring. Fortunately for us, we were in the masterful piloting hands of Captain Sword. I'm not joking, that was really his name. We both heard it clearly over the airplane PA twice! In addition, I'm sure Captain Sword wanted to take extra special care of us because on our same flight was the internationally known heavy metal band Machine Head. In fact, we stood in line to go to the lavatory right next to them. We landed in Tokyo without incident and went to our next gate. The airport in Tokyo seemed nice, but I'm not sure I can remember anything of the two hours we spent there due to memory loss caused by exhaustion. The flight from Tokyo to Nagoya was short and sweet. We arrived in Nagoya around 8 in the evening, got our bags, went through customs, and made our way to the train.

The airport in Nagoya is built off the bay, so taxis from the airport to the city are expensive. We took the train instead. It takes about 20 minutes or so. Once in the city proper, we took a taxi to our hotel. The hotel was nice. The bathroom was HUGE, if you compare it to an airplane.

At any rate, welcome to our first post from Japan. There will be more, more often.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

7 comments

  • Anonymous  
    December 2, 2007 at 6:52 PM

    I'm glad to hear you guys arrived safety.... and in STYLE with Machine Freakin' Head! I love those guys.

    Hope we get some pics soon.

    -Brad

  • bobwat13w  
    December 3, 2007 at 6:36 AM

    Well, I'm finally glad to here from you guys...glad everything is going as planned...on my way to work will write some more soon..I love you guys ...Dad

  • Anonymous  
    December 4, 2007 at 6:15 AM

    Anshin shimashita. I feel safe that you have finally arrived. Tabemono wa do desu ka? How's the food? You missed a mini-ice storm here in CT. Yoshi will be glad to hear that you made it safely. I would like to eat a piece of holiday cake (preferably chocolate) in honor of both of you this Saturday in West Hartford B. It is the annual holiday party. Being on an international plane with members of DriveShaft, or is that Machine Head, reminds me of the beginning of Lost. My kanji studies are accelerating. I think I can now write "beneficial insect" but don't quiz me on it. Write a burrito book. It will be a big hit. Good luck finding shoes that fit. You may need The Bostonian to deliver internationally. Speaking of Boston, the Red Sox won the World Series during your travels and since Daisuke Matsuzaka and Hideki Okajima have done really well, you should pretend to be a Red Sox fan, or at least you can say a friend in the US is a big Sox fan. I am just rambling now. We await more blogs. -Steve B

  • Anonymous  
    December 4, 2007 at 8:54 AM

    Been a while! Glad to hear from you finally, and that everything sounds like it is going well.

  • Unknown  
    December 9, 2007 at 9:18 AM

    Glad to hear that you guys are ok and things are going well. Hope to hear again from you soon.

    Deanna

  • Unknown  
    December 9, 2007 at 7:20 PM

    I'm so glad you have internet now. Can't wait to see pictures posted. Did you take any pics of Nail Head... ooops I mean Machine Head? Just kidding. Love ya
    ~ Mom

  • Christopher  
    December 9, 2007 at 7:49 PM

    Sorry, no pictures of Nail or Machine Head.

Post a Comment