Chasing Kanji - 感情を追って

An American's travel traumas
アメリカ人の旅行の外傷

Three Weddings and a Birthday  

The fountain of good news just keeps flowing. Three - count them - three friends/family members are getting married soon. One wedding is in December, one is in May, and one is TBD. Usually, I'm not a fan of weddings. It's ok, you can admit that you're not a fan either. We all know it. However, for these three, I'm actually very excited about them because of the brides and grooms.

If that weren't enough good news, another set of already-married friends bought a house and are having a house warming this coming weekend. I do not expect to know any of the guests there. And I'm not the world's best schmoozer, but it should be a good time nonetheless. Then, another set of married friends is having a baby in the fall, which will be here before we know it. They are very excited, naturally. Our 7th wedding anniversary is coming up in a few weeks, and my birthday is around the corner as well. Ok, it's kind of far away, but it's not too early to try to decide what I want to do for it.

I need all this good news in my life. I read the Wall Street Journal this morning with my coffee, and it was chalk full of bad news. Oslo; the budget talks break down; Borders bookstore closing; Syria not letting the US and French ambassadors leave the capital; and so on and so on.

It's so nice that my family and friends are safe and healthy. Plus, Renn has a play date in the morning with Paisley, and that'll always put a smile on my face.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments

  • Unknown  
    July 26, 2011 at 12:08 AM

    Yay for good things! I hope work behaves Saturday night so I can for sure be there with you and Jenn and Renn and Paisley!

    Oh, and just fyi, some of the hospital classes we're "supposed" to take I totally scheduled around your birthday because NO WAY am I missing that! And I can't believe it's been almost 7 years! <3

Post a Comment