Chasing Kanji - 感情を追って

An American's travel traumas
アメリカ人の旅行の外傷

Forward Ho!  

Since the daily high is out of the 90s, seemingly for good, it appears that fall is here. Or at least what Texans can call fall. I'm very cold when I walk Renn in the mornings; so, I started wearing my track pants and hoodie. By the afternoon, I'm in a t-shirt again. I don't really mind changing a lot during the day, but it does mean I have more laundry to do at the end of the week. Anyway, the point is that seasons are changing and I'm looking forward to what the rest of the year has to offer.

Renn will be the center of attention over the next week. On Friday, he's got an appointment at the vet for his physical, heartworm screening, vaccination update, and dental work. Poor little guy. He'll have to stay at the vet all day since they give little doggies anesthesia for dental work. Makes sense, otherwise they wouldn't sit still long enough. It's only through sheer will power that I sit still long enough when I'm in the dentist's chair. Then Saturday, BARKTOBER FEST!!!! I'm so excited. Renn will get to hang out with his friend Paisley for most of the day (or at least a couple of hours), and I'll get to walk around the booths and see what's going on in this little shindig. Emma may or may not also make an appearance. It should be tons of fun.

At work, we'll have a new training class at the end of the month as well, which is good for me because I like being busy, and it's definitely one of the more fun aspects of my job. Also in October, a friend's birthday, which should be good times.

In November, we're headed to California for Thanksgiving. We've rented a car and will make a short road trip out of the first two or three days before spending the rest of the time with family. I love road trips with my husband! And family time is good too since we haven't spent a long holiday with them in a couple of years. I think...it certainly feels like a long time. I'm sure we'll also spend some time with family here in Texas at some point. Not to mention, we've been pretty good about heading out to new restaurants with friends every two or three weeks. I've been enjoying going out. Which reminds me, last week we went to Mr. Sushi in Addison for drinks (plum wine, mmmmmmm) before dinner at the Thai Orchid a few doors down with a friend. It was such a fun night. I can't wait for a repeat performance.

And, of course there's December. I have days off from work sprinkled in the month. I like having 4-day work weeks. Who doesn't?

So all in all, the rest of the year is shaping up to be fantastic! Now.. what to do this weekend.... ;)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments

Post a Comment